Tax and Accounting Compliance
We provide a full range of tax and accounting compliance services for individuals, partnerships, companies and trusts, including:
- Preparation of income tax returns.
- Provision of bookkeeping services and management accounts.
- Business tax reporting requirements in the areas of GST (including preparation of business activity statements), fringe benefits tax (FBT) and payroll tax obligations.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Attending to all other statutory requirements as required to ensure full compliance with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
We can also advise on an appropriate accounting softwarepackage for your business needs.
We can prepare financial statements and income tax returns for self-managed superannuation funds and can organise the statutory audit.
- Bookkeeping provided in house for small businesses
- We also have connections with a team of self-employed bookkeepers who service the eastern and south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne – ask us for a referral if you require assistance in this area
Business & Structuring Advice
- Provision of advice to small businesses regarding the appropriate structure for their needs
- We can organise establishment of family trusts, private companies, etc as required.
- We also attend to the preparation of ATO, ABR and ASIC documentation for each new entity.
Company Secretarial Work
We are a registered agent for Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) and can assist with your annual company statements and any other dealings with ASIC.
Tax Advisory Services
Looking for strategies you should implement to minimise that large year-end tax bill?
If so, then it is important that you speak to us about how tax planning can be used as an essential tool in addressing the ongoing issues that can impact your overall tax position.
We can provide tax advice on a large range of topics.
Some examples of the areas we have advised clients on are as follows:
- Use of the small business capital gains tax concessions to eliminate or reduce the capital gain on the sale of a business.
- Structuring the payment of dividends over a number of years from a private company to its shareholders in the most tax effective manner.
- Advice on maximising superannuation contributions through salary sacrifice and personal contributions to benefit from the concessional tax rate in a superannuation fund.
- Advice on the most appropriate structure or entity to commence or restructure a business. We have also provided similar advice for clients who hold investments. The structure or entity in question will depend on each client’s particular circumstances, but has in the past included the use of companies, unit trusts, family trusts and partnerships.
We also offer clients the opportunity to discuss any year end planning issues prior to 30 June each year.